Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bear Cub

I found and photographed bear cub prints on my back deck cabin window today. He has been making noise out there for the past 2 nights. Today when I got home from Alamosa, I went out on the deck to check my hanging plants for water. Then I saw them. The dusty paw prints were very clear because I had cleaned the deck windows recently. I measured them, 5" by 5" spread out on the bottom of the window pane. I know it was a cub (about 2 years old) , because of the size of the print, and a small snot smear from his little nose. Of course I triple check every window every night before I close up the log house - because an open window is an engraved invitation to "come on in!"
It is said up here in the Rockies that the best place to hang a bird feeder is anyplace you want the bear to go! They have even climbed clotheslines -hanging and crawling upside down like circus performers- to get at high-hung bird feeders.

err.....I stopped using bird feeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment