Friday, January 8, 2010

Diamond Dust

JANUARY 2010
Winter "officially" is here, although to us mountain folk, our first heavy snow-day was also the first day of fall!
This morning the sun was up early, and prepared a glorious blue sky, sparkling with large snowflakes. As the rays bathed the frosted mountains, the crisp wind gently whipped the flakes into what looked like diamond dust. Upon landing atop older drifts, the shimmery spectacular scene reminded me of the treasure chest deep in Disneyland's "Pirates of The Caribbean."

2 comments:

  1. Hey You, it's great to meet you here in the blogosphere. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Corliss! I was alerted to your blog and wonder if I could post it on the one I do for our area. it is www.forbesparkfriends.blogspot.com. Let me know!!! you can send me an email at forbesparkfriends@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete